The roti is a healthy, wholesome, and nutritious option for the following reasons.
- Contains plenty of complex carbohydrates to provide sustained energy.
- Rich in proteins that help build and maintain muscle.
- Low in calories - with only 70 calories each when oil and ghee are not added.
- Digests easily.
- Has almost no fat - unless you add ghee or butter, which you can choose not to do.
- Contains soluble fiber to help clean plaque from blood vessels and prevent constipation.
- Doesn’t cause sudden spikes and drops in your blood sugar level.
- Rich source of Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6 and B9), Iron, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium and Potassium.
- Has Vitamin E, soluble fiber and selenium to reduce the risk of cancer.