Like all the equipment in your house, your Rotimatic requires love and care from you. To keep it clean you would want to clean it at least twice a month.
The cleaning feature requires approximately 30 mins of your time, Don't worry it will pass in a jiffy.
You can find this feature “Advanced Cleaning” in F/W version 1.20.19 and above.
Before using the option you will need the following things:
Prepare your own homemade solution
Weighing Scale or you can always eyeball it
White vinegar (5-6% acidity)
Citric acid (powder)
Bowl and a Mixing Spoon
Non-Porous Gloves (any - latex, nitrile, vinyl)
Cleaning Video -
Preparation of the homemade cleaning solution ( Skip this step if using Dispenser Cleaning Solution)
Before opening anything remember to wear your gloves. After that place the bowl on the weighing scale and add 100gms of citric acid into it. Add 500ml/17 oz of Vinegar into the bowl and mix it vigorously until all the powder is dissolved. Now you have the cleaning solution ready.
How to use the Cleaning function
1. Turn on the Rotimatic machine and click on Menu. Then select “Clean Rotimatic” and then select “Advanced Cleaning”
2. Once you select Advanced cleaning you will be able to see the screen, just an FYI about the process.
In the Cleaning step: The cleaning solution will be used to wash the pipe.
In the Rinsing step: Water will be used to rinse the pipe.
3. Select Next and follow the steps mentioned on the screen until you reach the "Ready to Initiate the pipe cleaning" screen. Note: Once you click on start please note that you will need to complete both the steps.
4. Make sure that you have filled the water container with the Citric Acid and Vinegar mixture or Dispenser cleaning solution and click on start. Wait until the loading bar finishes, it will take up to 15 minutes.
Note: If you feel that the water collection cup would overflow, just remove the water container so the cleaning process pauses. Empty the collection cup and place the water container back so the cleaning can continue. Also if the dispensing stops, fill the water container with a mixture of vinegar and citric acid.
5. Once you see the below screen, click on Next to go to step 2 ( Rinsing ). If you click on Repeat, Step 1 (Cleaning ) will repeat again.
6. Once you go to step 2, make sure that the water container is filled with water. Wait until the loading bar finishes, it will take up to 15 minutes.
Note: If you feel that the water collection cup would overflow, just remove the water container so the cleaning process pauses. Empty the collection cup and place the water container back so the cleaning can continue. Also if the dispensing stops, fill the water container with water
7. Once rinsing is completed you have the option to end or repeat Step 2.
8. Follow the instructions to reinsert all the accessories and also clean the area.
Once the cleaning sequence is completed, make 4-5 rotis and discard it.
Also, we would recommend not to use any other liquid other than water (Ex: Milk) in the water container. If you choose to use it make sure to clean using the above sequence regularly. By doing this, impurities will not be formed inside the machine.
Let's Stay safe!!!